Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sandstorm

There was a little wind this morning, not too bad. Daughter and I did some stuff outside. Went for a short walk. While I was filtering compost, she made a "pond" and played with dinosaurs in and around it. Wind slowly picked up. It was nearly time for lunch and I decided wind was getting too strong. Only 2-3 minutes after we came in, we heard gusting winds hitting the house, actually shaking the cinder block. Looked out and saw the air had become hazy, trees bending, leaves being ripped off the limbs. We came in at just the right moment!

Been like that ever since. We did walk over to the grocery store. She wanted a donut and had been asking for eggs all weekend. (Eggs I had had turned.) So I made her wear a dust mask to protect against an asthma attack. She was okay with that.

She was really cute when we walked this morning. Took a pair of play binoculars and some paper stapled together and was bird watching and drawing birds. I took some flower seeds and spread them. Happily, some people were using the aqueducts to irrigate, so the seeds spread on the edges of irrigation trenches have a good chance of growing.

Daughter has been drawing and building all weekend. Cutting, hammering, creating. Most often turning down my help. She seems to be seeking my pride and approval. Something she always has and I do not fail to tell her this. She keeps telling me how much she wants to be like me in many ways. Wants to cook like me, build like me..

I'm kind of wondering what's going on here. Seems like something less than completely obvious and she's not expressing it. I'll have to keep asking questions and listening between the lines.

Ex picked her up a short while ago. Now I have a ton of paperwork to do. Actually have to study and do an open book test. And fill out a job and address history for the security section of the clinic. Dang government. Do the best I can with it. I can't even remember all my past employers and addresses.

I used a banged up shopping cart to filter the compost today. Came out with several buckets of very good quality potting soil. Had run out of commercial potting soil but this is as high or higher quality. Should work really well for planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment