Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dry

Even with all the watering I've been doing, some areas still have problems absorbing any moisture. Checked today after watering and the moisture had only soaked in to a depth of about an inch. Of course, that's also the part which dries fastest. So I soaked those areas really well this evening. I think the problem remains too much clay.

What really sucks is that I am a short distance from a river and closer to an aqueduct while my yard sits mere yards above an aquifer.

Surprisingly, most of the spinach plants which were growing inside are still alive. So I went ahead and planted them out tonight. They're not hardened off, so they may just burn up but soon they would outgrow the peat pots any way.

Transplanted a few more tomato plants to larger pots. Keep doing that as I have anything suitable. The ones in the larger pots have been accelerating. So I still have some backups if needed.

Down side to working this job is that I'm gone from home for over 12 hours a day. Then get home and still have cooking, dishes and laundry to do. Doesn't leave much down time.

Gotta get to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment