Friday, April 29, 2011

Hamburger salad

I've been wanting a hamburger for some time. But of course can't have an actual burger because of the bread. So I made a hamburger salad tonight. With pickles, mustard, ketchup and chipotle mayo. Wasn't bad!

A really good friend (and daughter's godmother) sent me a gift card for my bd for Walmart. Went and used it today. It allowed me to get a new hose type garden sprayer. Got a Miracle Gro brand sprayer. Of course it came with Miracle Gro soluble fertilizer in it. Not my favorite brand for this soil. Mixture is 24-8-16. May be good for grass, possibly flowers but not the best for many things in my garden. I still used it when I got home and watered according to the N needs of the area being watered. Luckily, many of the items on the north side of the garden need lots of N at this stage of growth. I got another brand with a better proportion for later. The sprayer works well. I like it because it has a trigger which stops spraying when released.

Temps are supposed to drop again on Sunday but not down to freezing. Slight chance of rain. Hoping there's at least some snow in the mountains, which will eventually melt into runoff water. Anything helps.

The rose bush is starting to bud out. The whole bush is looking better than the last two years. Even though I have watered it and fertilizer helped a little, the leaves had unhealthy yellow and brown spots which wouldn't go away. Only a few small spots like that now. Nearly all the leaves are a healthy green. All this is because of treating the soil with vinegar and Epsom Salt in addition to fertilizer and mulch.

Got dishes and laundry done tonight. Place is still a mess, though and my daughter will be here in the morning. Need to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment