Friday, April 22, 2011

Climbing!

Some of the green beans have started climbing on their own. Lots of others have gotten tall enough to just start training onto the trellis. A couple already have one flower each! Cool!

The hanging strawberries aren't looking so great. Not sure why. Am I watering them too much?

Lots of things looking good. About 8 potato plants showing. Still hoping for more. Only a couple of corn stalks now visible. Give it until Tue or Wed, then plant more if nothing more coming up.

No sign of watermelon vines yet. Do the same as with the corn. Wait a few more days and then plant some inside if necessary.

Several pumpkin plants, lettuce and spinach are gaining size.

Think I'll dig up a garlic this weekend and see how well it's developed. I did realize that I didn't plant enough of it. Have a little over 30 garlic now. Then I started thinking just how much garlic I really use. Yeah, going to have to at least double that next fall.

Flower plants are looking the best they've looked at any time. Can't wait for them to start blooming!

Okay. Need to finish the laundry and get to bed. Get up early and clean house a little before my daughter gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment