Monday, April 25, 2011

More vines

Have more vines of various kinds showing now. Have several cucumber vines coming up. Funny, I had gotten impatient and bought more cucumber seeds today. That's okay, only spent $0.40 on them.

More pea vines coming up. Still not sure how well they'll do but the weather has cooled slightly, so maybe they still have a chance. An illustration of my concern is that one or two of the spinach plants have already started to bolt. However, they are plants which survived the winter. I picked the seed pods off and have picked outer leaves a few times.

Green beans are picking up speed. Some are now growing several inches a day. Some others have died off. Glad I planted more which are yet to be seen.

No melon vines showing yet. I still may just be impatient but I planted more seeds inside this evening. Much rather have too many than wind up with nothing.

Got tired of waiting and planted more corn. Again, better to be thinning them out than having only 2 or 3 widely spaced stalks. Corn has to grow en masse to pollinate.

I now count 14 tomato plants outside of varying sizes. Not as many as I want but a good start. Ones inside are still gaining size.

Felt like a long day. Getting to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment