Sunday, December 12, 2010

24 and counting

Daughter and I are having a relaxed Sunday at home. Not too much going on. We were both outside working on things earlier. Her idea. I was raking leaves into the soil and she was painting the chicken coop her own way. Quite stylish. Lol! I raked leaves into a pile by the swing. She likes to swing through the pile and make them scatter all over. We had a leaf fight. Lots of fun which left both of us needing to bathe.

I transplanted one tomato plant to a larger planter because it seemed maybe the roots were getting cramped. Of the seeds I planted, so far about 16 have started. The cutting from one plant was successful and I tried another cutting from a different plant today. That may be the best choice for starting new plants which take time to mature. Over the winter I can take large cuttings and let them develop good root systems but they'll already be several inches to over a foot tall.

Grand total of tomato plants growing inside between seedlings, cuttings and developed plants is now 24 and growing. And with much better knowledge of precautions to take this year over last. Not to mention a more well behaved dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment