Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crooked mortgage company

I have my mortgage through Wells Fargo. Shoulda known better.

A few months ago, when changing employers (which turned out to be temporary), I fell one month behind. I called to make arrangements. What resulted was a payment plan where they tacked on an additional $3000 over four months above my regular mortgage payment.. To catch up on one $620 payment. After paying $1400 of this and never receiving a writeen copy of this arrangement, I called and asked how to get out of this arrangement. I was told to just not make the next payment on the due date and the payment plan would be voided. By the way, while paying the regular payment plus money on the payment arrangement, their statements said I was falling further and further behind.

Over months I have made extra payments to bring that one delinquent month current. However, WF did not credit my payments to my monthly payment due. I think they credited the payments to principal payments. By my calculations, I should be close to current, current or a couple of months ahead. Yet they claim at this point that I am over $1850 behind.

Last week, I wrote a letter to them, notarized it and sent it priority mail with receipt confirmation.

Today, I called the Hope Now alliance, a homeowner help organization. After spending several hours on the phone with a counselor, they tried to set up a conference call with WF. The result? WF refused to take part in the conference call.. Because it would be recorded by the counselor.

Next step is sending a copy of the notarized letter to my congressman with a cover letter detailing the results of the call to Hope Now. If they start foreclosure, I'll be talking to a lawyer.

Things are documented in multiple ways. Hope Now will be sending a written copy of the conversation we had today to WF. They have extensive documentation of the attempt to contact them by phone.

See what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment