Friday, December 3, 2010

Only one shift

Only got one shift of work this week. Got placed on call last night but never got called in.

Part of it is probably my own fault. I spoke up for myself, which is not allowed in NM. If you're mistreated, you're supposed to shut up and take it like a good b****. For the last 3 times I worked on the med/surg floor, I have been dumped on. Each time, I have been assigned more patients than every other nurse working that night. Two of those times, I was called in late because they were so short of staff. This last time, I ended the shift with 6 patients, while another nurse had only 4. Acuity had nothing to do with it, as some of my patients were less stable than all the other patients. So, patients were placed at risk.

But I should just shut up and take it or wind up not getting any work. That's New Mexico. Land of Entrapment.

No comments:

Post a Comment