Thursday, December 30, 2010

First day at clinic/ frozen pipes

Today was my first day at the clinic where I'll be working for the next couple of months. It was a good day, though rather slow. Took until late in the afternoon before I had computer access. Mostly I just observed.

Weather has gotten suddenly and seriously colder. I usually leave the pipes dripping when I go to bed. Tonight I've been watching TV and had run the water a few times. Few minutes ago, thought I should start letting the water run. Too late. Already frozen. Not too much I can do about it right now. Have several faucets wide open and hope it thaws in the morning. If not, have to buy a few gallons of water and boil to pour over the exposed pipes.

Thats definitely been the problem with the sewage, too. Pipes are too shallow near the house and freeze. They run fine once they thaw.

Really need to get the part of the solarium nearest the house built. That will solve these problems. Other choice is to dig all the pipes up and set them deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment