Thursday, December 23, 2010

Politics in Podunk

Got the call today that I'm already canceled from my shift tomorrow. Not due to staffing considerations. Nor due to professional considerations. Nothing to do with medicine or nursing. Nothing to do with qualifications. It has only to do with politics and a weak manager who simply doesn't like me. He's never worked directly with me and would not have to tomorrow. No replacement had been found for me. Instead he is leaving the ER short of nurses because of some issue he has with me which he has never discussed with me or anyone in my agency. Yet he is willing to put lives at risk.

Heard a big announcement on the news the other day. Seems there are now over 2 million people in New Mexico. I was amused. I've lived in San Antonio, now nearly 4 million people. Austin, 1.8 million people. Houston, nearly 8 million. Phoenix/Scottsdale area, not sure but know several million live there. Now I live in an entire state that boasts 2 million population. My only thought is that small places attract small minds.

I'm told here that I'm too aggressive, too assertive. It's expressed as a negative, not a strength and always as an excuse to blackball me. Being a strong person here is not a strength but a weakness. Simply makes you a target.

I'm tired of weak people.

No comments:

Post a Comment