Sunday, December 5, 2010

Not too much new

Got canceled from work tonight. Hope to pick up the difference during the week.

Daughter and I made ornament cookies. Only got a few painted. We'll paint the rest next weekend.

Yesterday, she and I planted some pecans, try and grow some trees.

For some time, I've been collecting ceramic houses from the dollar store. I put them together into a small town scene and got some battery operated LED lights, a snow fabric drape and some little fake trees. It's all set up on the coffee table. Daughter likes it.

The day before, I planted some tomato seeds. May sound foolish to plant them so far out from spring but with as long as it took for the ones this year to mature, I'm hoping this gives them a greater chance of producing. Ones I did plant are the ones which tend to take longest, any way. Beefsteak, Brandywine and a few Rutgers.

I finally managed to get some areas of the house which have been a mess pretty much since moving in. Next, going to work on the office.

I also moved all the loose cinder blocks and piled them neatly. Had various projects which I had taken apart, plus ones from the partially dismantled block wall. I had some doubts that I would have enough blocks for the basic structure but it seems apparent now that I'll have plenty, once I take down the rest of the wall. If necessary, there's another wall I can take down. Also got a lot of exercise moving the blocks manually, 2 at a time from the front yard to the back yard. Shoulders are kind of feeling it today. Since I'm not working tonight, guess I can work on taking down more of the front wall tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment