Friday, December 10, 2010

Another change of plans

Not sure I mentioned last night that I was scheduled to work last night but then got canceled again. They asked at 2 PM for me to work, then canceled me by 5 PM.

So, tonight I was scheduled to work 7P to 7A. But got called a short while ago and asked to work noon to MN. That works out better. Get some sleep and ex can drop daughter off at normal time.

Not going to get the leaf piles moved this morning as planned. Soil on the top of the one I was going to move is frozen. I wet it down yesterday. Besides, don't want to dig around in the dirt a lot and then go work in the ER.

One thing about the composting in place effort. With plastic covering the garden, have to pull the plastic back about once a week and allow oxygen in, water if required. Air isn't too much an issue in this case because I left the mounds in place, covered so air gets in fairly well. But if you cover flat ground it's more important.

But I do want to check the progress. Once the roots and soil are loose enough, start turning things over for a more complete composting. Especially of the weed and grass seeds. Kill 'em all!!

I still have a roll of garden fabric which I never used. Think I'll put it to use in the spring. At least keep weed count down.

No comments:

Post a Comment