Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter weeds

Daughter is having fun playing with all the neighborhood kids. They've been having a blast for some time now.

So I loaded up the tank sprayer with weed killer. I have winter weeds which needed to be dealt with. Know from the past year that if I don't deal with these now they will be a huge problem by spring through most of the summer. Odd weeds which die off only for a short while in the fall, then start growing again in winter. I also have small patches of bermuda grass and some random dandelions which are strangely green for this time of year. But it's been abnormally warm.

The ammonia I added to the compost pit has been shockingly effective. Things are breaking down at a rate faster than I've yet seen. If that's any indication of how well things are working in the soil, the garden will be more than ready by early spring.

Scheduled to work tonight. If not canceled soon, have to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment