Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big surprise (sic)

Big surprise. New study came out which says Abq is one of the worst cities in the US to do business. Out of 102 cities, Abq ranked 91. One thing the study did not account for is population size. Most of the other cities had a much higher population, meaning more options available to business owners.

I won't go into my theories on why this is a bad place to run a business. I don't own a business here.

What I can say is why it's a bad place to be an employee or customer. The major factor is the work ethic and attitude here. Customer service here is the weakest of any place I've ever lived. The same issue makes this a bad place to be an employee for anyone with standards of professionalism.

People underestimate the importance of a work ethic, especially when it comes to keeping fellow workers happy. Or should I say fellow productive workers.

Not much point in writing this. It's moot. Nothing I write will change any of it. Just saying this report should surprise noone.

No comments:

Post a Comment