Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easy day, early night

Daughter and I had an easy day today. Hung around home and didn't do much. We did walk to the store and got a couple of cake mixes. One gluten free and one regular. She ultiimately confided she doesn't care for the gluten free stuff. We made both cakes and I let her do most of the work making the regular cake. She was happy and enjoyed it. When ex picked her up I let them take the rest of the cake home (minus the one piece she had eaten).

We planted some more spinach, carrots and early pumpkin seeds outside. She's sounding more and more excited about the garden and looking forward to spring and summer.

She doesn't have school tomorrow. I forgot it's a school holiday. She wanted to spend the day with me but I have to be at work at 7 AM. Really sorry I had to tell her no. Even if I wasn't working, the ex is and wouldn't drive her over here before work. Can't say I blame her, it would be quite early. So daughter is going with the ex to work. Hope she has fun.

As said, I have to be at work at 7 AM. Means I have to get to bed early and catch the bus at 5-something AM. Yuck. But it's only an 8 hour shift. At a rehab which I've heard unflattering things about. Still, I'll give it one shot. If it's really bad I just won't go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment