Saturday, February 12, 2011

Still working on it

Spent most of the day yesterday on the bus. Managed to get to Harbor Freight to get a multimeter and Walmart for a battery for the scooter and general groceries.

Buying a cycle battery is not like a car battery. In the box you will find the dry battery, a bottle of acid, tubes and attachements. You have to fill the battery with acid, let it sit, charge it and let it sit again.

There is my current problem. Charging it. My charger is too powerful for this battery. It charges at 10 amps. Charging at more than 2 amps will damage the battery. So I have to buy another charger. Looked for a trickle charger with that suspicion in mind at Harbor Freight but they were sold out. They were least expensive. Can get one at Auto Zone for $20. Do that later.

Almost out of money but need to get this thing running. Lack of transportation is costing me a lot. If I get one extra shift it more than pays for the battery and charger. Then hopefully helps me earn enough to catch up, pay the lawyer and get another vehicle.

Waiting for my daughter to get here. Give her her Valentine's Day gifts today. Don't know what else we'll do yet. Circus is this weekend but can't afford it this year. If she doesn't know I won't mention it. Best that way, even though it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment