Friday, February 18, 2011

Uncertain

Well, the IRS website says I should receive my refund by March 1st. Problem is that foreclosure could be filed by then. Called this morning to see if the dates could be changed and payment scheduled for March 1st. Of course not. A note was placed in the system to say my intent to bring things current on that date, so maybe that will have a positive effect.

The hospitals are rather short of nurses right now. End of winter, travelers are leaving and lots of staff nurses are, also. Hospitals are trying to recruit from far distant locations.

I submitted my resume at the hospital where most of my work takes place. Specifically asked for ER or float pool. I know if I take a staff position they may have to pay my agency money but it's less than moving expenses for an out of state nurse and less than some bonuses. Plus I did the math last night. With what the fee to my agency is, they would save over $15k in one year if they paid me the same amount as the agency does!

Least I got some work this week, including last night. Nice to be making enough to live on. Now, long as I have a place to live in a few weeks...

Need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment