Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zoo day

Took my daughter to the zoo today. We had fun. Bus that runs downtown from behind the house goes a block from the zoo, so we didn't have to walk far or even transfer buses.

Only down side was the wind today. Really blowing hard all day. Luckily, lots of walls and buildings at the zoo to block most of it while we were there.

Walked enough to wear my daughter out, which isn't an easy task. She was laying her head down on the table before her mother picked her up.

One of the things I love about my daughter is her nature. While at the zoo, she was playing on the playground. Another, smaller girl was having some difficulty climbing up at one point. My daughter had just climbed up at that point, turned around and helped the girl up, then continued playing. My daughter did not know this girl, did not know I was watching and never mentioned it to me. No profit, no manipulation, no recognition involved. Just who she is. Makes me proud but also makes me fearful for her because I know people will try to use that nature through her life. As much as I can, I'll be there to protect her and nothing less than destroy anyone that ever hurts her. For now, I just love seeing what a good person she is.

She's going to be back in the morning. I'm going to watch a movie and get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment