Thursday, February 3, 2011

Taxes done

Finished doing the taxes. Getting a decent refund. By no means will it bring me current by itself but it will help considerably. With enough shifts over the next couple of months I may be able to get a really cheap used truck and have everything back on track.

Right now I'm waiting for the mailman to bring my check for working Tues night. But there's a good chance he already came by. Neighbor has visitors blocking direct access to my mailbox, in which case my mail doesn't get delivered. Think I'll move the box in the near future. Steal the thunder from the ghetto boy next door. Must suck to be in your 70's and still feel the need to prove your manhood by being rude and stupid.

Added more sugar to the vinegar carboy this morning. Have an air lock on it and it's bubbling quite well. Has to ferment into alcohol before it becomes vinegar. Since I used fast acting yeast, hope all that doesn't take long. This yeast wouldn't be good for beer but for simple vinegar it should function well enough. But added more sugar to make the vinegar stronger. More sugar makes the vinegar more acidic and can be watered down as needed once fermented.

No word yet on any work tonight but they've been calling after 4 each day lately. Could well be elective surgeries have all been canceled this week. Guess a nap may be in order, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment