Monday, February 14, 2011

Garden formed

Took a bit of work but I finished forming the garden today. All rows are mounded and cross section walkway dug out. Got things a bit more symmetric than yesterday. Then watered and covered most of it up again.

Something happened which made me feel good. Tree cutter from the electric company came by. They'll be cutting limbs tomorrow morning. Turned out he's been doing organic gardening for about 40 years. Unprompted, he looked at my garden soil and told me it looks really good. Cool! We had a chat. He's the first person who hasn't looked at me oddly when I talked about using ammonia and vinegar or making deals for piles of leaves. Understood rabbit compost well and is against cow or horse manure for the same reasons I am- bacteria and salt. Nice having someone to actually discuss things with. Gave me some advice about countering salt in my soil.

Need to run get some food, then take a shower and a short nap before work tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment