Sunday, February 13, 2011

Warming again

It had hit a cooler period again for a short while but it's now warming again. Forecast calls for one more cool front next weekend with freezing temps at night. Then warming again with temps nearing 70 before the end of the month.

At least warm enough that any plants placed in the rooms on the south side of the house should do really well. I cleaned the office somewhat and moved the tomatoes back there and they seem to be doing well. Have to keep a closer eye than I did before for the whiteflies.

One concern is that the ornamental corn is getting much taller. Hope they don't outgrow the containers I have them in before they can be transplanted outside.

I went ahead and started using the vinegar yesterday. Daughter was playing with other kids in the back yard, so I sprayed most of the garden while they were playing. It's not acidic enough to be any health concern. Can't wait too long or it would be too late for making pH adjustments before spring.

The dog is now checking out the chicks. I have them in a plastic box on the floor where the dog can see them. However, she kept sticking her nose further in and began licking her mouth. So I put a screen on top of the box. Want her to get used to them and get the idea that they're not food. But between the garden and the chickens I may wind up building a fence this spring. Was hoping not to. It's not the work. I just really don't want a fence in the yard.

Wound up not getting to bed until late last night. Then slept late this morning. Took a long time for the cycle battery to charge but it finally did. Going to work on the cycle today.

No word of any work tonight yet. If I do get called, have to take a taxi at least part way.

Guess I should get moving and do something before the day is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment