Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Looking up?

No shift tonight. That's okay, didn't get quite enough sleep today and didn't really want to go out in this weather.

When I woke up the temperature was 8 degrees. One check came in, had to go cash it and get some dinner. That was enough time in the cold for me tonight.

Moved all the plants from the unheated rooms. Only other options were just let them freeze or keep the rooms open and let the cold through the rest of the house. So now I have plants all over the living room and kitchen. Still think some may not survive but can't quite tell yet.

Finally got my W2. Go to the library and do my taxes tomorrow morning. Hope for a decent refund this year.

Also finally got a call back from the new agency. They got everything back and I'm cleared to work. See if I get some work through them. If it's actually possible to get work through both agencies, I will.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up on the electrician apprenticeship program. That does take time for the application process, though. Not to mention that I may need to take some algebra classes before I can even start. Have to make a living until then. For now I have to be content with enough for food and bus fare.

Tonight, happy to be warm and get some more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment