Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Short night

Got sent home early tonight. Started the night on one unit as an "extra". Then got assigned as a sitter. Then got floated down to ER East, which closes around midnight. Ultimately, clocked out around 1 AM.

Then came the problem of getting home. I could afford a taxi tonight but did ask if the hospital would pay for it because it would cost nearly half of what I earned. After all, my income was cut in half by the shift being shortened so much. I was told no at first but it changed to yes later when it turned out a nurse manager had pre-approved the taxi. Many thanks to her.

Not too upset at being sent home. Sleep was interrupted so much during the day. So at least I have the chance to get more sleep.

Still sticking with my first agency as primary employer. After getting paid by the new agency, turns out my pay is about $30 less per 12 hour shift. Okay for a second income but they won't be my first choice for work.

Seems the dog has been trying to dig her way out of the house while I'm gone. In the process, she has scraped the surface of the concrete by the back door where my daughter and I placed our hand prints. The prints are largely destroyed. So, one more reason to be happy the weather is changing. Can keep the dog outside at night soon.

No pile of wood chips seen in the yard yet. Though I wasn't clear on when to expect them to be dropped off. Think it should be in the morning. I'll be a bit bummed now if it doesn't happen.

Think I'll get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment