Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No check

Saw the mailman drive by earlier. Went to get the mail. No paycheck, which should have been mailed from in town yesterday. Called the agency. It hadn't been mailed. Asked for it to be mailed today.

After thinking about it for a while, called back and lodged an informal but detailed complaint. For many months, picking up my check in the office has taken an hour or more each time, even if I wait several days to pick it up. Last week my check wasn't mailed, resulting in 3 hours on the bus for me. When I faxed in my time sheet yesterday, I had written in big letter with a marker, "Please mail my check. Thanks." Today the accountant said he didn't see it until this morning. There was no way for it to be missed if my time sheet was ever viewed. Told them if they do not wish to process daily pay then it should be removed as an option. Since I have patiently tolerated the problems for so long, I'm tired of it. One more problem and the complaint will become formal and go to the corporate office.

Got a little house cleaning done. Need to do much more.

Dug out the compost pit and piled the contents where the leaf pile had been. Looks to be 1 1/2 to 2 cubic yards. Not fantastic but enough for about 2 inches evenly spread over the whole garden. Added to the material already mixed in, should be good.

Vinegar continues getting more acidic even faster than I had hoped. Got a pH of 4.0 now, somewhat acidic. Could actually be used for the garden now but would take a lot more of it. Wait a little longer so it will be more concentrated and go further. Doubt it would be harmful for human consumption directly but I did use only clean, not sterile procedures in making it so won't take the chance. Most vinegar you buy in bottles is distilled. Though I may try making apple cider vinegar in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment