Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tired and sore again

I did work on the scooter today. Believe the problem is the coil or spark capacitor, whatever the name of it is on a bike. Have power up to that point, then the power drops drastically beyond. Not sure what the reading should be but know what I'm getting is insufficient to get a spark. No way to get a new one today, so stopped there.

Went out and manually tilled and raked the rest of the south garden some more after spreading the nearly finished compost. Then started digging and forming rows. Over the last year, erosion and then digging had flattened the rows. Not quite done yet. Mostly because I didn't use stakes and a line, so the rows are crooked. Bummer. Finish most of it tomorrow, at least the parts not still frozen a few inches down. Do that part later.

Worked hard enough today to get several blisters on my hands and then long after they ruptured. It did make me question myself why I do so much work outside, even when I have lots of work needing to be done inside the house. The answer I came up with is stress relief. Hard physical labor elevates endorphin levels. Sustain that activity level and it causes the brain to sustain that level more consistently. That's my theory, any way. In any case, I'm getting lots of exercise, sunlight and getting things done.

Of course, I do hope that all the work will pay off in lower grocery bills, more healthy food in the house and possibly being able to make some money by selling some of the produce. Plus an attractive, relaxing environment and sense of achievement.

Keep hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment