Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 minutes til the bus

In less than 30 minutes, I have to catch the bus which would get me to work on time. Problem is my shift has not been confirmed. So I don't know whether to take the bus or not. As I wrote earlier, I'm tired of this life. Gets old after a few years.

Looked out and took another count. Looks like as many as 8 tomato plants have bit the dust since planting them out. Most of the other 24 seem to be doing well. While 24 are more than enough for myself and my daughter (25 counting the big one, still inside), I'd still like to have a lot for canning and selling. Since 24 are still doing okay, it's possible it's some disease the 8 were not resistant to. Multiple kinds of wilt reside in the soil here.

Only 4 strawberry plants showing which I can see so far. Some others may just be greening out under the mulch.

What I had thought were broccoli turned out to be onions. Forgot I planted onions there. Did it to co-plant with broccoli because it deters aphids. So I'm still waiting for broccoli to sprout. Hopefully soon. Last year, broccoli didn't flower until fall.

Guess I'll get ready for the bus. Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment