Friday, March 11, 2011

Yay!

Ex called a while ago, asked if I want my daughter to start spending the night again. Well, yeah! Now that weather is warmer and I'm using the gas heater less or not at all, she's okay with it. So my daughter will stay here tomorrow night. Fact is that I cannot explain why this seems important but somehow it feels less like a father when my daughter never even sleeps in my house.

Now I need to look at getting her a new bed. She's too tall for her old one. She's okay with sleeping in my bed and it's definitely large enough, being a king size . Won't be much longer that she'll want to sleep in my bed and I don't want to neglect such things while they remain true. But she needs her own bed which fits her. Some people may frown on her sleeping in my bed. However, studies have shown that girls who have a close and stable relationship with their fathers are 80% less likely to get involved in drugs or risky sexual behavior later. There is no accounting for other emotional disturbances from bad father/daughter relationships. There are no guarantees but I see no reason to exert a distance which can cause problems later in her life. Especially for the rationale of keeping other people from disapproving due to their own sick thoughts.

Any way, we can have fun and I'm sure she'll be excited to hear about it. It always sucks to see her look sad as she leaves.

So, I did bring the tomato and pepper plants inside. Forecast temp was for 34 degrees tonight. Maybe just a little too cold for them and some risk of minor frost. With these plants being several months old and a good size, rather not take needless chances this close to spring. Left some smaller, younger plants outside, mostly flowers (which I may reach max density on if a fraction of the seeds planted grow). How they fare will tell me more about whether it's safe to keep tomatoes out at night at this temp.

Need to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment