Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Frustrating

Had some gastric problems last night. Turned out it was from the frozen dinner I ate yesterday morning. Pulled the box out of the trash to read the ingredients. Had milk, wheat, soy and eggs in it, each of which causes me some problems alone. Together? Yeesh. I hadn't checked the label because it wasn't expected. The meal was rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Over the next 15 days, only three forecasted below freezing at night, most nights around 40 degrees. The two coldest nights forecasted are the last two days of the 15 and will likely change but it's still frustrating.

Just as I expect an early spring, I also expect a short one. Which is why I'm trying to grow cooler weather crops so early. I expect temps to shoot straight from around 70 during the day to over 90 by late April. Narrow window for some crops. May have to plant more tall corn to shade some things on the north side of the garden. Didn't really want corn in some spots but until I have some small trees to serve the purpose..

Going to get started on the fence. If I work tonight, only have about 4 hours to work on it before I have to take a nap. Other choice is another 26-28 hour day. Can do it but not fond of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment