Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dead in the water

The events of this week have taken most of the wind out of my sails for the moment. I'm just sitting dead in the water. Can't afford to remain this way for long or I'll be headed for complete disaster.

The thing which gets me the most is the emotional betrayal here. I can take most anything, having faced knives, guns and too many other threats to mention. Emotional stress still takes so much out of me that it freezes me in place. I'd rather be stabbed. It hurts less.

Just have to deal with it and move on.

Found out I made a mistake. Planted cucumbers where potatoes are planted. Companion planting guides say that's a no-no. Not much to do about it for now but wait for cucumber plants to start growing and pull them up. Can plant beans in their place. Sources differ about potatoes and corn but I had those interplanted last year and they did okay.

Cucumbers apparently get along well with beans and the beans may actually benefit the cucumbers. So planted green beans along the fence where cukes are planted.

I did go ahead and plant cayenne peppers in the flower bed. They're colorful and can deter some insects. Besides, I love Tabasco sauce.

Guess I should get moving on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment