Monday, March 28, 2011

Partial pump

Didn't get any work tonight after all.

So I started working on the manual well pump. The foam thong seal didn't work. It is a good idea but I guess my skill at handling it isn't so good. Some kind of heated blade or press cutter would have done much better than the scissors and pocket knife I tried using.

Went back to the old standby. Used duct tape for a seal. It works. At least for now. Not so sure after it gets wet. Wrapped around some 1/2" PVC, about 10 ft long.

Drilled a bunch of holes at one end of some 1" PVC. Didn't have a piece long enough for the job but I have several shorter pieces, so next step is to get some connectors and PVC cement.

May see what I can do about a check valve but that's not completely necessary at this depth. If the price is reasonable I may consider changing the design to pump on the upstroke and downstroke. I doubt they have well caps but I can look.

Got the flower bed finished. Filled it the rest of the way with soil. Planted an assortment of seeds and tossed in some parsley seeds for contrast. Mulched lightly because some of the seeds may need light.

Not much else to do. Still hoping for good news about the contract tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment