Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adjusted forecast

SoZ the weather forecast has been adjusted. There are now no days predicted below freezing at all and only one night predicted down to 34. That night is over a week off, so the predicted temp will probably increase.

I'm out of rabbit food. Don't really want to spend a lot of time on the bus for just that. Think I'll just go get some lettuce and carrots at the produce store across the street.

Have a shift for Fri at a new facility where I had applied a few months ago. Maybe this will get my foot in the door, let me check the place out and see if I want to work there permanently.

Place mentioned is a rehab. While I still love more acute care most of all, I'm tired. Tired of always balancing petty politics in one hand with people's lives in the other. Tired of having an unstable life. Tired of small minds with big consequences. Tired of weak work ethics. I find it amazing that many more patients do not die in NM hospitals. Earlier in my career, I could never have been happy in a less critical setting. Before looking at bankruptcy, I could not5 have survived on a lower pay rate. Now things have changed on each front. I could now be happy and secure with a stable job in a less secure setting. May mean lower pay per hour but if it means a stable, reliable income, it would work.

But I jump way ahead of myself. Haven't even worked my first shift there. For now, at least my options have increased. Took a shift for Fri, 2PM to 10PM. Have to take a taxi home but I'll still come out ahead. Need to look up the bus routes and schedules to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment