Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On the down side

I was on the bus to work when they called and canceled me. Not going to miss that for a while. Hopped off and was able to catch the bus coming back home a few minutes later.

Taking this contract does come with a down side. It means I have to go through the whole period of work and then waiting for my first check. Not sure of the pay schedule yet but no question this can result in a rough week or two. After that, things will pick up. Just have to be able to hang on until then. If I'm not going to start the contract until next week, hope I can get shifts for the next two nights. Get it all figured out in the morning. Can call this agency as early as 6 or 7 AM here because they're in Florida.


f
Right now, I'm a bit happy my house is older and needs work, in a neighborhood with low property values and several empty or abandoned houses nearby. I'm sure if I lived somewhere else, the bank would have foreclosed already, even though I am only about a month behind on the mortgage. I keep trying to bring it current but once it seems I'm going to be there, something else gets in the way.

Maybe this is the tipping point. With this contract, it's most likely I can bring the mortgage current in under one month and keep it there. Can pay off the ex's car in a few weeks and get the retaining fee to the lawyer. Then get him paid off within a few weeks.

This contract should end sometime in late June or early July. My daughter will then be on school break. I don't want to spend all summer working while she's on summer vacation. That would sentence her to child care programs all summer. If they offer me a second contract, need to factor something in for that. Talk to the ex and figure something out. Then again, it's counting eggs not hatched. Wait til the bridge is in view. Just don't want a repeat of last year, where I worked most of the summer while she was off school. This year would be worse for her because the ex wasn't working last year and is this year.

I really need to get some decent transportation and a few extra dollars a week. I need a social life. This blogging is okay but it does get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment