Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vampire diaries

Not much else on TV for the next hour, so I'm watching the Vampire Diaries. It's okay. Along the lines of the Twilight series, rather pubescent. Someday someone will figure out that teenage girls rule the entire US economy.

I planted some of the white onion seeds. Amazing how many onion seeds are in one package!

Not feeling all that energetic. Between allergies and a few miles walking today, kind of achy. Feel like a wimp. Used to hike all day and my legs and feet never got tired. Too many years being limited by other people and my life situation taking a toll.

On the other hand, when I went to the clinic today, I had to see the doctor for the order to get the blood test. He was amazed when he kept asking questions if I have health complaints or wanted additional tests. I said no. We talked about gluten intolerance and, for once, I ran into a doctor who knew something about it. Any way, when they took my vital signs, they were BP 124/82, Pulse 72 and Respirations 18. Not bad for a 49 year old (in under a month) with allergies, smoker since I was 11 years old and just power walked 2 miles to get there!

Tried out the water pump. Didn't work. Connectors for the 1/2" pipe wouldn't fit inside the 1" pipe. Yeesh. Feel like I'm cursed where this pump is concerned. I'll see about getting a backcheck valve and redesign the pump. If I find a valve the right size I can still use the same pipes. If not, I can use the old black poly tubing.

At the very least tonight, I need to go through the pile of paperwork on the table tonight. Quite a mess.

Going to see if I can pick up a partial shift in the ER tomorrow night. If it's open, I could work something like 6 or 7 until 1 AM and it wouldn't interfere with time with my daughter. Give the agency a call in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment