Thursday, March 10, 2011

Comfort food and action movies

Went to the library, filled out an online application for another agency that has a good reputation and a contract for a facility I'd like to work at. Wait and see what happens.

Went grocery shopping. Got quite a bit for what I spent.

Ran into some really nice people today. Made me feel better than I was feeling about people. Most polite person I've met in a while was a young man at the bus stop. Great manners. Told him so and we had a little conversation. He opened up about his life and admitted to being addicted to heroin. Hasn't been on it long, I could see by his arms. He made sure to tell me he doesn't steal but works to support his habit. He wasn't like your average addict. Didn't try to blame anyone outside himself. Didn't defend it. Sounded kind of down on himself about it. I told him it in no way made him a bad person. I have hope for him and think he'll beat it.

Gave the dog a much needed bath. Then threw some clothes in the tub to soak. Whites which were far from white.

Now having some shepherd's pie and chocolate milk. May drink the whole half gallon of milk. Or make some fudge. Got an action movie to watch which I haven't put on yet, so have enough time to make fudge.

After rinsing the bleach from the clothes. Fumes are getting intense.

Oh, tried the thing with the well. Didn't work. Oh, well. Not enough pressure. I'm surprised. Measured today and water was 7 ft down from the top of the pipe. (Think it changes through the year. Level will go up in a few weeks.) Assuming the well is 25 ft deep, same as most of the neighbors, that means water pressure pushes the water level up the pipe by 18 ft. However, pressure was dissipated down and outward by the collar on the 1/2" pipe I used. And I couldn't get a solid seal. Outer pipe is over 40 years old and has lots of rust and corrosion. Could be deteriorated all the way through below water level, so the water would just be forced outward laterally. I still think it could work under the right circumstances. Just not my circumstances. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment