Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stepping back

Daughter and I haven't done all that much together today. Walked to the store, got Chinese food to bring home, played this evening in the yard. Much of the day she was playing with other kids in the neighborhood. That's okay. They stuck around my house most of the time. She knew she was going to be here tonight and tomorrow morning. Sometimes it is a parent's job to step back but be nearby. She never ignored me, nor I her.

While she was playing with her friends, I went ahead and planted out the tomato plants into the garden. No small job. Total of 32 plants, some 3 ft tall. I don't expect all to survive but most will. Some had too much damage from whiteflies, some may have been watered too much and a couple suffered some root damage during transplant. But if all goes well, we should have tomatoes in only a few weeks from some vines, more later as plants mature. Every variety I planted is indeterminate.

Just for safety, I'm going to start some more seeds. Wouldn't hurt anything to do so.

Now we're having dinner and watching an animated version of Baron Von Munchausen. Off to bed soon. Girl is tired and my knees hurt from all that squatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment