Friday, March 25, 2011

Green beans!

In spite of frost, temps below 35 and winds which have blown various things to pieces across the city, some of the tomato plants have hung on. Maybe I'll have some tomatoes in spring, after all.

This morning, I noted some green bean plants peeking through the mulch. Yay! Looking forward to that crop! Still not seeing any pea plants but hope they will follow on the heels of the green beans.

Bought a sprayer of Ironite yesterday and applied it this morning. Says it treats 5000 sq ft. My a**! Iron helped the garden a lot last year, so it's a good investment to apply once or twice a season but at the price the value drops sharply beyond that. One of the biggest reasons I got it was for the sprayer. However, this sprayer does not go far. So sometime this summer I'll probably get another sprayer. Blah. See if I can find a used one cheap. Price of the sprayers is horrendous.

Managed to get three shifts in this week. Now hoping to get a couple shifts early next week. Still, means a decent check next Fri and fairly successful transition to weekly pay. Now waiting to hear back from the new agency. Sucks but sometimes agency hopping does pay off.

Did ER last night and it was a good night. Really happy about that after my last ER shift. Actually, Wed night was good on med/surg. All depends on who's in charge. But I'm still wiped out. Take a nap, get up and clean house later.

No comments:

Post a Comment