Monday, March 28, 2011

Not original

Okay, I finally found some plans for manual well pumps. In this case, the plans were found on Youtube. (Tried watching some videos and was delighted to find it could be done! I actually thought I could not watch videos on this phone because of format.)

One problem in my thoughts was what to use for a piston seal. Leather is common. Then I saw a video with a wonderful idea- cut up a pair of foam type thong shoes! Awesome idea! I also doubted using PVC because I wasn't sure it would be strong enough. Then I saw several videos of pumps made from PVC.

I also saw listings for videos of windmill driven pumps. Not a new idea by any means but something to consider for the future. That would work a bit better with a rotary type pump. I've considered trying an old water pump from a car or truck but right now even that costs more than I want to spend. Maybe later.

Biggest challenge at the moment will be well head design. Have to construct something to keep the pump from dropping into the well. I'll figure it out.

The dog is still moping around like she feels sorry for herself. Hell, I pet her nearly every time I pass her. Warm weather and I still let her sleep in the house. Tried playing fetch with her several times in the last week. After a couple of minutes she drops the rope and walks up to me or acts like she wants me to pick up the rope and bring it to her. Sometimes she walks up for me to pet her while I'm watching TV or reading. I pet her and she just stands there..and stands there..and stands there until I shoo her outside. (Door is often open, so she's not waiting to be let out.) Now she went and urinated and crapped on the living room floor last night. Like I said, it's warm weather. She sleeps outside from now on unless it gets cold.

Didn't get the flower bed finished yet. I spread more mulch, mostly in the trenches. Been seeing signs of some weeds. Besides, I want to eliminate the rest of the mulch pile now. Nearly gone.

Now dozens of flower seedlings visible in the main flower bed. Much better than the last two years.

Scheduled to work tonight. Have to get back to the pump and flower bed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment