Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One shift down

Got one shift down for last night. Don't get paid for that one until next week, though. Have another shift up for tonight.

The weather forecast has been adjusted again. Light frost tonight and tomorrow night. Then the temps remain above freezing and within two weeks are expected to be mid to upper 70's during the day, mid to upper 40's at night. Very good growing weather! If it stays that way I may even start migrating tomato plants outside. Gradually. Crossing my fingers that I picked the right time to plant.

Noted yesterday that some of the lettuce was just barely beginning to sprout. Was a bit worried that it may not work to mulch immediately after planting, if the seeds need light.

Saw a couple of the strawberry plants are turning greener. Didn't check all of them, just noted a couple I was near.

Not long ago, I was looking for a manual water pump or some decent plans for one. Ready made pumps were highly expensive (?!) and didn't find any good plans readable on my phone. Put the brain to work and came up with some basic plans for one. Only problem is what materials to build some parts out of. Can use PVC for the main pipe. Main shaft is my problem right now. Has to be affordable, non-toxic, strong and rust resistant. Have to give it some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment