Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nice day

Daughter and I had a nice day today. Nothing outrageously special but a good day. We hopped the bus and went to Walmart. Read a book along the way. An elderly man on the bus gave her $1 for no reason at all. He was nice. She wanted to pick out a toy, so I let her. She picked out a jump rope which cost $3 and I paid the difference. Something which is good exercise and develops timing while she has fun? Great! Through the day it turned out she really enjoys jumping rope and is developing a talent for it. We had lunch, then hopped another bus to the theater. Got there at a bad time and it was hours before the next showing of a movie she wants to see. There was another movie I suggested but she was afraid (sounded like she may have been coached) it would frighten her. Instead, we went down the street to Putt Putt and played games for a while. Then hopped the bus back home.

We got one more package of strawberry roots. We can plant them together tomorrow. If they all grow, it will give us two full rows of strawberries, total of around 30 plants. Two varieties, all everbearing which are supposed to produce until fall. Here's hoping!

I've started realizing that I have some apprehension about the stage I'm at with the garden. It's at the point where the main work is nearly done. After the planting is primarily finished, it's time to step back and let nature do most of the work for a while. For some weeks, until things start reaching the point where some harvesting can occur. While this is the part most people look forward to, the point of stepping back tends to be my weak point. I'm much better at the more active and involved parts. The labor involved helps me relax. The waiting tends to make me anxious.

That's okay. Plenty of other things I can be doing and lots of things which need attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment