Sunday, March 27, 2011

Won't work

The siphon idea won't work from what I can tell. Elevation of the hose has to be too high. May try again and coil the output side, adding length to that side but want to do it small scale first. If I can find some more small tubing I'll do it today. Have lots of black tubing but prefer clear for the test for better visualization.

Ex picked daughter up a little while ago. She leaves and so does much of my energy for a short time. But I wasn't all that energetic to start with this morning. Neither was she. She slept until 9. I got up at 8:30. Maybe allergies with all of us. She sounded scratchy. Dog has mucous drainage from her eyes. I have nasal congestion and just general fatigue.

Still, have no work scheduled for tonight as yet. So there are things I'd like to do around here.

Rechecked the garden. Looks like at least 14 tomato plants survived the weather this week and did not go dormant, after all. Few others are questionable.

Lots more green beans and lettuce coming up. Happy about those because once they get a good footing they mature quickly.

Lots of other things sprouting but I do have the same problem as last year. Know some things are weeds but can't tell which yet.

Lots of flower seedlings beginning to show. For the first time, I feel confident we'll have lots of flowers. Should make daughter really happy. She loves flowers and even talked her mother into buying a box of hummingbird flower mix ($1) to bring over here. Wants to spread them on one of our walks but we didn't go for a walk this weekend. Probably next weekend.

For now, think I'll take a short nap and finish this Grisham novel. Then I'll be ready to work if called, get some stuff done if not.

No comments:

Post a Comment